Thursday, December 13, 2012

Ha Ha! I'm In A Cookbook!


Well, yes, it's a free cookbook... and my recipe is all the way in the back of the book, but hey, I won't complain.  Yeah, I'm not exactly famous. Well, my mom thinks I'm famous and that's what really matters, right?  To be clear, one might think it's fun to have a photo-shoot for a cookbook. But I was nervous, chattering...they asked me to chop an onion. Fortunately I didn't cry.  But in the one photo where my face does not look too weird, I'm not actually holding the onion I'm supposed to be chopping. Ugh...enough about me.

The recipe book is called Eat Up, and is the fourth in a series of seasonal cookbooks that promote buying healthy ingredients that are grown or produced within a 100-mile range of Chattanooga.
Gaining Ground is a non-profit organization whose motto is "We work to promote the local food movement in Chattanooga, because local food is better for the health of our neighbors and of our economy.  Supporting family farmers, farmers markets, restaurants, businesses, nonprofits, entrepreneurs, and policymakers who are growing Chattanooga - and encouraging everyone to Buy Local, Eat Better."

Go on...go to the farmer's market and buy some veggies, meat or honey...and pick up your own copy of Eat Up.  Even if it's to laugh at the goofy picture of me holding an imaginary onion, I think you will like it. 

2 comments:

  1. Could I beg a physical copy off you to flip through? The issue with you in it. :) PLEASE!!!

    ReplyDelete